Finance is a fascinating major and studying finance provides you a strong foundation in finance related fields such as banking, financial markets, and economics. Degree in this field allows an individual to explore realms of global financial market and know how they function and fluctuate. It also assists in making wise and effective financial decisions to manage the risks inherent in investing. Studying finance helps in adapting the communication, analysis and the industry practices which allows the individual to gain leverage over the others in the corporate environment. Students can opt for several courses to enter the diverse field of finance and one of the most popular online courses to achieve this is MS in Finance
Finance is a fascinating field to work in. A degree in one of the financial fields allows a person to better grasp how the financial market operates and to make better financial decisions. There are numerous courses that one can take to earn a degree in this subject, and one of them is the MS in Finance. The master’s degree in finance is a specialist master’s degree program that prepares students for professions in finance and closely related subjects such as:
- Financial Strategy
- Investment management
- Financial Analysis
- Mathematics, and others related fields
A typical MS in Finance program begins with excellent core courses that provide a good foundation in financial fundamentals, such as accounting and finance:
- Forecasting & Risk Analysis
- Financial Analysis and Valuation
- Quantitative Methods
Students can choose their specialized streams from the course later in the course to match their unique aims and ambitions. Following is the list of courses from which a student can opt for courses:
- Mergers & Acquisition
- Hedge Funds
- Real Estate Finance
- Financial Engineering
- Fixed Income Securities and others
This Master’s degree program is a comprehensive and sophisticated program that teaches students expertise in all major corporate financial and related issues. The curriculum may take up to a year or 18 months, depending on the university. They are also less expensive than a traditional MBA program, which is why they are gaining immense popularity among the students with minimal work experience and those deciding whether they should select MBA in Finance or MS in Finance. This program is also known as MF in Finance or MSF.
Students interested in pursuing a career in finance are frequently advised to pursue a Master of Business Administration degree (MBA). An MBA provides a wide education in finance and management. However, a Master of Science in Finance is significantly more focused on the topic of finance. The decision between these two programs is based on the individual’s career ambitions, as both have the potential to lead to high-paying jobs.
The Master of Science in Finance program’s main goal is to provide students with the skills and information they need to make an immediate impact as analysts in various areas of finance and thereby enhance their careers. The program is open to persons from all backgrounds, including business and non-business undergraduates. This program provides participants with the tools, ideas, and framework they need to flourish in early-stage financial job possibilities. There are several benefits of attaining a degree of MS in Finance such as:
- The market is less saturated.
- Wide range of career opportunities.
- Enhance the ability to get a higher salary than others in the market.
- Moderate to fast job growth and stability
As mentioned above career opportunities for people having a degree of MS in Finance are varied, and the employment opportunities are growing at a steady pace. Individuals with this degree can earn incomes that are higher than the national average for all types of occupation. Salary and career opportunities are also heavily influenced by the sector. Some of the most popular career choices of people in the field of finance are:
- Investment Analyst
- Portfolio Manager
- Director of Finance
- Securities, Commodities, and Financial Services Sales Agent
In light of this, here is a list of five affordable universities in the United States where you can pursue an MS in Finance degree.
1. Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU)
The Southern New Hampshire University has a long history of providing highly respected finance-related undergraduate and graduate degrees. Enrolling this university will grant you access to internships and networking opportunities through well connected alumni who have completed their course. This structure of MS program in this university is:
- $627/Credit (36 Credits in Total)
- Tuition Costs for the program is $22,572 with additional course material fees.
- Service of transferring up to 12 graduate credits
- Preparation for the CFA exam
- 24/7 online accessibility
- Accredited by ACBSP
2. Texas A&M University
- 36 Credit Hours Curriculum
- 24 Courses are required to be completed during the fall and spring semester.
- In-state Tuition costs is $40,500 and Out-of-State tuition and fees is $54,000.
- 24/7 online accessibility
3. Liberty University
- Provide service of transferring up to 50% of the degree total.
- 30 Credit Hours helps you complete your degree in a year or less.
- 100% online course.
- Accredited to SACSCOC
- Tuition Fees $16,950
- $565/Credit (30 Credits in Total)
4. Pennsylvania State University
- 33 Credits
- Nationally recognized university. Programs are highly ranked by US news and world reports.
- Tuition fees $34,518
5. Golden Gate University
- 30 Credit units
- Tuition Costs $32,700
- 24/7 online accessibility
Our team of experts are individuals who had completed a degree in finance from these universities. We are here to provide the students assistance in completing their online degree of MS in Finance.